
Although it has some challenges attached, I love this toddler stage. It is so funny how a two year olds mind works. A few weeks ago we were teaching Zane that red means stop and green means go...he was, and still is, very adement that red means go and green means stop....We couldn't figure out his logic and continued the argument and one day while in the car he says, "No, not red means stop, red says go" and then I got it "Ready, Set, Go" or in a toddlers mind "red said go". I've come to accept that, although my two year old can hit a baseball from a pitch and nail the bazonkazonk out of a golf ball, he will not excell at "Red light, Green light", and that's ok, as long as he is convinced by the time he is 15 that red means go he'll be ok. :)
Another funny story: We were sitting at the table finishing dinner when Zane lets one rip. It was a passing of gas to match a very grown man. So Zane laughs, I say "oh my gosh!" and Lee, as ritual says "pooter" and then Zane says "pooter". Then Zane, still laughing says, "I want to do that again!" He even grunted a bit to make the attempt. Boys! :)
I'm sure I had a few more tidbits to jot down but I can't think of them now now. Zane is so much fun, such a personality! Although we anticipated another baby much sooner, I'm glad we've had so much time to spend with Zane. He isn't too excited about the new arrival, but he says he will love it anyway. (I'm pretty sure this one will make it's way here if not, lds family services will be the next resort) Any pointers for making the transition from one to two will be greatly appreciated. :)
2 comments:
what great stories about zane! "ready set go" sounds like red says go to me too! smart logic, if you ask me!
Having 2 has been fun for us. I love watching Emily trying to play and talk with Sarah. However, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the house at a certain time. I always have a diaper to change or baby to nurse right when it is time to leave. Of course, I was always running late before kids too.
We did buy Emily a present from Sarah and gave it to her when she came to the hospital to meet Sarah. I think it helped her to have something to play with and didn't care that everyone was giving Sarah attention.
You are going to be a great mother of 2!
Suz
Post a Comment