Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My solution to save the world!


Well maybe not the world but I'm guessing my awesome idea would rid us of around 83.6% of marital conflict, based on my calculation which has no scientific resonance what so ever, so sit back read on and discover how we could all enjoy a happier, healthier,more laughable world.
(Alright, I always like to start a blog post with an incredibly long grammatically erroneous run-on sentence so check that!)

I would like you to conjure up in your mind the last argument with your significant other? Maybe it was this morning, last night or a distant 28 days away (if the latter, congratulations but I feel a storm a brewing in your future). Possibly you are arguing with him or her right now while reading this. Sometimes I argue with Lee without him even here (it guarantees that I win and then I can move on without him even realizing that I was angry about something-tune into my next post on multiple personalities, my favorite trait).

Ok, I'll admit, Lee and I delight in a good "discuss and debate" conversation every so often however I can pin point a few days of the month where our "discussions" leave the description of "delight" and are down right irritating. And although it pains me to confess this, it has more to do with my physiological state than with what I am actually picking a fight about. Occasionally I can muster up all the courage in my being and graciously remind him that things are about to get a little rough so he can take it in stride but that still doesn't do much to tame my inner wrestle with the hormonal imbalance.

I'm guessing most household relationships work this way, maybe you have a better game plan in dealing with it but I would propose a solution that works to the benefit of all mankind, male and female alike!

The Women's Sanity Sanctuary. For 5 days of your special time you get to go to a local women's retreat. So, instead of irritability, bloating and bickering you can bask in pool side and spa treatment relaxation. You choose what you want to do, sit by yourself on a window seat and enjoy the quiet sound of your own breathing, curl up in a ball in the luxurious 5000 count, lightly scented sheets, or hit the state of the art gym if you are up to it, it's all about you and that's what matters.

Is it fair? Why of course it is! What does the man get out of the deal? I think it is obvious, he get's to bypass the worst week of his month! It's clearly a win-win for everyone.

1 comment:

Em T said...

And this is actually my only winning argument for nursing. Last night I was fed up with Anne pulling on me and decided that I was going to wean her! ...
..
.
and then I remembered that AF would come back and I decided that I could put up with this a little longer.