Sunday, October 11, 2009

Back to blogging...

Aye! I need to blog more than facebook. I really should get into the habit of jotting down what happens in our lives. So now I am going to be in catch up mode. (We will see how long it lasts!)


So, we have a new baby! (As if the world didn't know that already). We even managed to come up with a name. I'm not sure we can have any more kids, they may end up without names, well boys anyway. I think we will have an easier time naming a girl. Let's hope! We had a list of names for Tate and spent the better part of the nine months going back and forth, pulling them out of hats, etc. Brandon wasn't even on the list until we came up with it. All I know is that Tate went absolutely crazy inside me when Brandon came out of my mouth,, so there it was. If he doesn't like his name I will tell him it's his own fault. :)

Tate is an awesome baby and Zane LOVES him. He always asks if we can take Tate with us when we are getting ready to go. If Tate is crying he is right there telling him "it's ok, Tate it's ok".

The other day I asked Zane where Tate was before he came to our family. I had not had the "preexistence discussion" with him before so this was all Zane. His reply was that Tate was at church. hmmm...ok "What was he doing at church" I then asked..."praying" was his reply...I think, after analyzing this a bit, he got it as close to correct as anyone else could Tate was indeed talking with Heavenly Father at his house. Kids really do get it.

Zane is so smart. The pediatrician says my issue with him when school starts is that he will be bored! He is not quite 3.5 yrs old and he has all of this letters down, the majority of the sounds that go along with them and is getting the concept of putting the sounds together to sound out small words. He can also write a handful of letters.

Now for the updated pics and such...I had so many other little things to catch up on but now I don't remember what....











Brandon "Tate" Dawkins
6 lb 13 oz
21.5 in

No comments: