We have been trying to decide a name for this new baby, at first we were thinking "Bryson" and then we decided to look at other options, we came up with one other option but have been keeping it from everyone. Zane apparently picked up on this. We were at my parents house eating ice cream cones at their table and my mom decided to be tricky and ask Zane what the baby's name was going to be (when I ask him he always says one of the two names). I just smiled, I didn't tell him not to tell, just smiled and watched what his response was going to be (expecting him to say "bryson" and hoping he didn't say our secret name). He looked at me like what am I suppose to do and didn't say a word. This went on for a few minutes, then they started guessing names and he just responded "no". Then there was a pause in the conversation, he was eating his icecream, I was laughing that he was so ingeniuously loyale, my dad was fixing him another icecream cone to try to bribe him into telling him the name. Then he says, "how about we name the baby...brown!" and he just started laughing and then started spurting off all these random object names. He thought he was hillarious, so did I. My mom continued to ask him throughout our visit what the baby's name was and he continued to say random names.
I was telling Jen this so yesterday she and Zane were playing checkers, I was in the kitchen but caught him looking at me funny, it was the same "what should I do?" look, I said, "you just aksed him what the baby's name was didn't you?" She said yes, but she also included in her petition that I had told her that he could tell her. He kept silent her first attempt and changed the subject on her next attempt when it was just the two of them playing trucks in the basement he changed the subject. He has yet to reveal the name, I think it is hillarious and incredibly astute of him. :)
I was telling Jen this so yesterday she and Zane were playing checkers, I was in the kitchen but caught him looking at me funny, it was the same "what should I do?" look, I said, "you just aksed him what the baby's name was didn't you?" She said yes, but she also included in her petition that I had told her that he could tell her. He kept silent her first attempt and changed the subject on her next attempt when it was just the two of them playing trucks in the basement he changed the subject. He has yet to reveal the name, I think it is hillarious and incredibly astute of him. :)
Zane is now totally into the imgagination stage, one of my favorites! The other day I had to open the door to let out the alligators that were on the celing and all the "other" animals in the house. The other night he came into our bedroom eating a granola bar, he said that ducks were following him. I said "well you still need to eat that in the kitchen" he said, "but the ducks are following me!" I replied that he should "tell the ducks to leave him alone". So, he turned around told the ducks to leave him alone and went back into the kitchen. Sometimes, his imaginiation also affects what I can do, I wanted to leave the bathroom but he informed me that there were a lot of trees and I couldn't leave. I said I would just walk around them, he said there were too many, I said OK, I will walk through them. Nope, not an option. So finally I say "well, I need to get out, will you please cut down the trees for me?" He says yep and proceeds to use his saw (finger) to saw down the trees, and at last I left the bathroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment