Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mini-social outings...


Waiting for Toy Story 3 to start. Kendall, to the right of Zane, was a little jealous that there was another girl there. Lee told Zane not to choose sides but to play both. :)


So many little stories, so little time...

The other day we walked out the door at aproximately 8:32 am, we were greeted by the sun rising in the east and realitive humidity that was so horribly, humid (for lack of a better word) that I felt like I was begining the 26th mile of a marathon, actually I have never ran a marathon but I imagine you sweat pretty badly. At this point I rethought my decision to go to the park in this sort of hellish weather but I'm glad we did.

We were the first ones to arrive, a little while after another little boy and his mom dared to endure the sauna like conditions as well. Zane immediately started to try to get the other boy's attention, I said, "Zane, why don't you ask him his name?" The other little boy thought I was talking to him and said to Zane "What's your name?" Zane replied "My name is Zane and my number is 4." The little boy didn't quite catch his name and asked for a repeat, Zane responds "Zane- Z-A-N-E". Zane then asks the little boy his name, "My name is Eduard, E-D-U-A-R-D". I love it! I think the next time I introduce myself to someone I will say "Hi, my name is Amy, A-M-Y- and my number is 30." Just to see the response, it probably won't go near as well as when two little boys, numbers 4 and 5 do it.

This "number 4" stage is a funny one. Zane can obviously dress himself and has now taken on the task of doing his own hair. Sunday he went into the bathroom, spiked his hair with the small travel sized bottle of hairspray, then he came out and spiked Tate's hair. We got to church and he took out the hairspray that was, unknown to me, in his pocket, because he was also going to spike Lee's hair, (hmmm...good luck). I was out in the hall with Tate and Lee was sitting with Zane by my parents, they eventually had to take the hairspray away.

Pair the hairstyling fetish with his strong wardrobe preferences (the boy WILL NOT wear a shirt with a bear on it anymore, no matter how hard I try to coax him- a good time to point out that I have a few NWOT or EUC babygap shirts up for bid if you are interested) and you may start to wonder about this kid. Not me, all of his stuffed animals are now girls and his "friends" (the imaginary ones) are not just his "friends" but his "girlfriends". And, on our way to meet one of his special girl friends ( a real one) to see Toy Story 3 he said "mom, I think Kendall will have her toenails painted." I said, "yeah, I bet she will. Do you like it when she has her toenails painted?" He says "Yes, and her fingernails!". So, he likes girls, and girly girls at that. There is nothing wrong with a well dressed, cute, athletic boy. :) Oh, and his new name is "Forcer", which is pretty masculine I think. :)

No comments: