Being a stay at home mom has also meant being the go-to babysitter for those who have out side of the home jobs. It seems I am always the honorary mother to other women's children. I have been watching Cole (6 yrs. old) and his little brother, Eli (2.5 yrs. old) for the past 1 1/2 years or so, on a very part-time basis.
Yesterday Cole, being older and bigger, figured he could push Zane around and tell him what to do. I was downstairs with Tate and I hear this conversation after hearing some laughing "Zane, go tell your mom that I farted" Zane laughed and said "Noooo.." Cole persisted, "Zane, go tell your mom that I farted, go do it! Zane you do what I say!" I can only imagine the look on Zane's face but what I heard was him doing a raspberry, then he said "let's go downstairs and watch Top Shot". Cole's reply was "don't spit at me, I'm telling your mom." Feet pounding down the stairs "Miss Amy, Zane spit at me." Interesting, how would you respond in this situation? I reported to Cole the conversation that I had just heard and told him I didn't think it was very nice to try to get a smaller boy to do something he didn't want to do and that I was happy that Zane didn't do something just because he told him to do it. I'm glad Zane isn't a follower and can stand his ground when he doesn't feel comfortable with something. He did not get in trouble for "spitting" at Cole but he did get praised for not doing something he knew was just silly.
1 comment:
rory's a total tattler. usually its annoying, but one day a few of us were at church playing basketball and she says, "all the kids went outside." OOPS! yep, kids from age 10-3 playing outside alone. thanks Rory.
Post a Comment