Thursday, June 10, 2010

Prodigy kids...


My confession, I'll admit to being "that mom", yes the one who really does think that my kid is better than yours. I'm sure it's horribly obnoxious but I just can't help that both of my children are prodigy kids, the stars just all aligned perfectly for them I guess. :)

Ok, I'm not THAT bad. But Lee and I do joke that I am always accusing my kids as being developmentally advanced, Tate will do something and I now just say, "wow, most kids don't do that until they are at least 10 yrs. old". It's probably not so much that my kids are advanced but that I am amazed at the quick development of the little human beings.
I, however, would like to share a few instances that Tate has demonstrated superiority over your kid. (I really hope that I don't have to add a written chuckle and that the reader knows that I am chuckling as I write such absurdities.)

Today Tate grabbed the plug to the vacuum and decided to try to put it in the outlet. ( I realize that this example could also be posted in my previous post "Parenting Skills..." because what good parent lets their 10 month old even attempt to plug something into an outlet...). Although, he didn't succeed in actually fixating the plug into the outlet, I thought it extremely astute of him to know where the plug should go.

Later that day, Zane and Tate got into a little argument, Zane took a track piece out of Tate's hand, Tate screamed at Zane, Zane screamed at Tate and I told Zane to go to his room (he had been warned that if he took another thing out of Tate's hand there would be a consequence). So, Zane was in his room and I was at the table and Tate crawled over and sat close to my chair. I looked down at him and he had the same track in his mouth. He looked up at me as if he was thinking "uh, I'm not suppose to have this" then it's as if his mind, like speed lightening, came up with a plan. He looks down, takes the track out of his mouth and, with a look of astonishment and disgust, that the track was in his mouth, begins to "reprimand" the track for ending up in his possession, and then he throws it down on the floor. Oh my, what a funny little boy. I have to give him credit though, most kids don't use that kind of manipulation until they are at least 10 yrs. old.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Amy you're hilarious. What good are we as moms if we don't think the highest of our kids. I also think my children are more intelligent than most their age, and quite proud of it - see i'll even brag about it on your blog. Leland learned to read by 4yrs old and she was asked to sing a solo in church on July 4th.